How to Remove Old Stretch Marks Naturally Step by Step
Ever noticed those long lines of old stretch marks on your skin? Have you been wondering how to remove them? Well, you’re alone in the struggle, at least 50-90% of people in the world have developed stretch marks on some parts of their skin at least once in their lives. So it is no cause for alarm.
This article will be outlining how to identify old stretch marks , which makes them more difficult to get rid of and how to treat them.
But first, let us define stretch marks.
So, What are stretch marks?
Stretch marks are long stripes or lines that develop on the skin, they can be reddish or purplish depending on your complexion.
Stretch marks usually develop due to the overstretching of the skin, this tear occurs due to the absence of adequate collagen in the skin.
Collagen is a type of protein that is produced by the body and works in the skin. It makes the skin elastic to accommodate adjustments in the size of the body, typically usual body changes.
A deficiency in collagen might cause the skin to have stretch marks. They are not harmful to the body but most people worry about how it looks
How to Identify Old Stretch Marks
Do you want to know how to identify your old stretch marks? Old stretch marks are quite easy to identify due to their silvery and whitish color, stretch marks that have appeared for some time tend to fade into these bright colors. So if you have white stretch marks on your skin, chances are that your stretch marks are old
Can Old Stretchmarks Ever Really Disappear
Lots of people worry about the stretchmark on their skin and you might be in this category, if you will like to know if stretch marks ever really disappear, the sad answer to this is no. there is no natural total cure for stretch marks. You can try out some home remedies to make sure it fades to the barest minimum and if you don’t feel somehow with it on your skin, so there is hope yet.
The Best Time to Treat Stretchmarks
Actually, it is much easier to treat your stretch marks when they are fresh. And when you are more conscious of it, you will be able to take preventive measures towards avoiding future ones. But this is not to say old stretch marks cannot be treated, it might simply take a little more commitment and effort on your part
How to Naturally Remove Old Stretch Marks
It is quite important to get rid of old stretch marks, due to the fact that they can be easily seen on visible body parts like your legs. And they are one of the open parts of your body, if you’ve developed stretch marks on your legs or arms, you might have been wearing long pants or shirts to cover those areas but there are sometimes that you will simply feel like putting on something short, what do you do on those days? Below are some tips you can consider using to get rid of old stretch marks appearing on your legs.
- MOISTURISING: To get rid of old stretch marks on your legs, it is advisable that you moisturize often. Whatever lotions or oils you decide to use, be sure to incorporate it properly into your skin by massaging the affected areas often
- TOPICAL CREAMS: topical means the surface of the skin. Topical creams can be defined as a cream or creams that are applied to some specific body parts for treatment of a particular thing, in this case, topical creams are creams that can be applied for the treatment of old stretch marks on your skin, mostly recommended or prescribed by a dermatologist. They work by lightening the skin of the affected area such that it tones it to the same complexion
- EXFOLIATING: this is one of the first things you should really implement if you’re trying to get rid of stretch marks on any part of your body. Exfoliate 2-3 times weekly for optimal result. Exfoliating help to get rid of dead skin on the body so that the surface of the skin looks more flawless and free of dead skin. Although, I strongly recommend combining other treatment options with exfoliating.
How to Remove Old Stretch Marks Permanently.
As earlier mentioned, one of the major causes of stretch marks is the changes that the body goes through. To reduce the appearance of stretch marks on your skin and avoid future appearances, here are some things you need to consider
Do not gain weight excessively or too suddenly: when you are going through body changes that can be controlled i.e growing bigger or slimmer, try to regulate it such that you only gain a couple of pounds per month. Even if you are pregnant, this tip will drastically reduce your chances. If you’re growing taller, on the other hand, this is something that you cannot regulate, so try out the other tips
- Drink plenty of water and eat a well-balanced diet
- Avoid steroids and other harmful drugs
- Exfoliate regularly
- If recommended by your doctor, use topical creams
How to Remove Old Stretch Marks: Home Remedies
Some natural or home remedies you can use on getting rid of your stretch marks include
- Homemade exfoliating scrub
- 2 tbsps. Yogurt
- Half cup sugar
- 2 tbsps. Olive oil
- Mix all ingredients together until they are thoroughly incorporated
- Rub gently over the affected areas of old stretch marks
- Leave it for a couple of minutes
- Wipe off with a warm wet cloth
- Do this at least twice a week for the next couple of weeks
The reason for this procedure is to keep the stretch-marked areas hydrated and soft, this will help facilitate the healing process
You can alternate this mixture between coffee scrubs sometimes, they are usually considered more effective
An on shelf coffee scrub will do
Homemade Stretch Mark Treatment:
- 1 tsp.freshly squeezed lemon
- 2 tbsps.Vitamin E oil
- 2 tbsp.Olive oil
This ingredients have skin toning properties and will help you tone the skin of your body, making it brighter and flawless in no time
To apply, simply rub over the affected area for several minutes to incorporate it into the skin. Make sure that all areas this mixture is being applied on are not exposed to sunlight as none of these ingredients have sunscreen properties. If you must go in the sun, you could make use of a sunscreen product recommended by your doctor or dermatologist
You could also make use of essential oils, a good number of them like castor oil, coconut oil, vitamin E oil, grape seed oil, and olive oil have been discovered to have major healing or fading properties when it comes to stretch marks. You might also choose to make a mixture of two or more of these oils for better result
- Simply pour a reasonable quantity of oil on your palms
- Rub together
- Then massage thoroughly unto affected areas for up to 5 minutes till you are sure it is fully absorbed
- Do this for all areas ridden by old stretch marks. You can do this twice a day for a couple of months and you will begin to notice results within a short while
Simple Remedies to Get Rid of Your Stretchmarks: Step by Step
Below are some simple home remedies that you can use to get rid of your stretch marks fast.
To prepare this aloe Vera remedy, you will need three major ingredients
- Aloe Vera oil, vitamin A oil, and vitamin E oil.
- Freshly squeezed aloe Vera gel is much more effective than pre-extracted aloe Vera gel. Mix all ingredients together thoroughly,
- Rub on all areas that you have old stretch marks and massage into your skin thoroughly
- You might also choose to use aloe Vera gel alone. If you are applying it as a lone ingredient, leave it on for about 15 minutes then, clean with a warm cloth
- Do this 2 times a day till you are satisfied with your skin
- Put the oil over very low heat till slightly warm
- Massage into all affected areas
- Do this at least once a day for a couple of months till you spot visible results
For this home remedy, you need
- Baking soda
- Lemon and cling film
- Mix the baking soda with the lemon juice thoroughly
- Apply to all affected areas and cover with the cling film for at least 30 minutes
- Do this once every day for a couple of months to fade your stretch marks
There is really no hard and fast rule to getting rid of stretch marks. Old ones are even more difficult to get rid of, but you can take advantage of any of these home remedies and within a couple of months your stretch marks will be faded to a considerable extent, other natural ingredients you might want to consider in fading old stretch marks naturally are turmeric, coconut oil, coconut oils, Shea butter, olive oil, baby oil, rosehip oil, jojoba oil, almond oil, argan oil