How to Get Rid of Stretch Marks on the Inner Thighs Fast Naturally
Is it normal to have stretch marks on the inner thighs? Are stretch marks on inner thighs common? The answer is YES! In fact, 80% of Americans have stretch marks. If your tiger lines are giving you a hard time, don’t worry, there are plenty of ways to get rid of stretch marks on the inner thighs fast naturally!
Stretch marks on inner thighs are so common, but they still receive a considerable amount of unnecessary attention. Most of the time, people stretch marks on their inner thighs avoid wearing shorts or showing their thighs. It doesn’t have to be this way! In this article, you’re going to learn everything about stretch marks on inner thighs and what you can do about it.
What are Stretch Marks?
Stretch marks are forms of scars as a result of wound healing. It happens when your skin tears or suffers an injury. Collagen is one of the most abundant proteins in the body. It forms your muscles and holds connective tissues like the skin together. When collagen is lost, scarring takes place and skin regeneration slows down. As a result, you get lines and streaks in the form of stretch marks.
Types of Stretch Marks on Inner Thighs
You’d be surprised to know that stretch marks are actually classified according to their color. The appearance of a stretch mark will depend on its stage of the healing process.
- Pink Stretch Marks
Pink stretch marks signify the start of wound healing. In darker skinned people, this may appear purplish. When a tear in your skin happens, the body’s natural reaction is to heal it.
The inflammatory response is activated and your immune system will release cells that will pool in the area of the skin tear. Blood flow increases, swelling takes place and your blood vessels become more pronounced. All these give your stretch marks their pink appearance. At this stage, you will also experience itching as old, damaged skin is peeled off. Stretch marks on inner thighs that hurt are also common.
Pink stretch marks are the easiest to cure because it is still highly distributed with blood. Collagen production is still going, so, reversing the stretch mark is possible. For this reason, dermatologists advise starting treating stretch marks as early as this stage. If left untreated, stretch marks can transition to the next color.
- White Stretch Marks White stretch marks mean that they’ve been on your body for a long time. The white color is caused by lack of blood flow and the absence of blood vessels. At this stage, collagen in totally lost in the stretch mark area and healing becomes very slow. white stretch marks are harder to cure as they are no longer supported by natural wound healing. Treating white stretch marks is like patching small, broken glass pieces together. You may or may not form it again, if you gamble to put it together, you might get cuts. If left uncared for, white stretch marks can turn silverish in color. This indicates a point of no return as stretch marks can no longer be reversed. f you have this kind of stretch marks, all hope is not lost. You can try conventional treatments such as dermabrasion and laser therapy to reduce the appearance of the stretch mark. However, like all derma treatments, this comes at a price.
- Black Stretch Marks Black stretch marks happen in people with darker complexions. This is also common in pregnant women as changes in their hormones can play with the skin. The rise and fall of estrogen and progesterone can cause hyperpigmentation which can then cause black stretch marks.
Stretch Marks on Inner Thighs Causes
You see stretch marks on the belly, arms, outer thighs, but stretch marks on inner thighs? For most people, t’s an unlikely occurrence, but it’s actually more common than you think.
The skin on the inner thighs is one of the thinnest and most fragile in the entire body. Your inner thighs also have a gh deposit of fats, and in times when you gain weight, the body redirects fat storage in this area because of its space capacity. The thighs are also distal to the heart, so it doesn’t receive as much blood as proximal areas. For these reasons, your inner thighs are at risk of stretch marks.
Besides the points mentioned above, here are more stretch marks on inner thighs causes:
Stretch marks on inner thighs teenager
Familiar with growth spurts? This is one of the main reasons why teenagers develop stretch marks on their inner thighs. As you enter puberty, your body structure, including your bone, muscles, skin and other body parts experience a quick boost. This is all thanks to your growth hormone. Your muscles on the inner thighs become more developed, the skin around the area then tightens and this can actually cause skin tears.
Stretch marks on inner thighs during pregnancy
Pregnancy brings out so many changes in your body. Hormonal changes affect your skin’s pigmentation, you tire quickly and you experience intense cravings. To accommodate the growing fetus, food demand increases. All these causes weight gain, which can give you stretch marks on inner thighs. Besides this, stretch marks on the breasts and belly are also common during pregnancy.
Stretch marks on inner thighs bodybuilding
When you exercise, muscles continuously contract. Over time, muscle mass increases and the skin gives way to accommodate your newly formed muscles. However, since the skin can only stretch so much, tearing is inevitable damage, thus the occurrence of stretch marks for bodybuilders. Once the bodybuilder loses his muscles, the stretch marks become more pronounced as the skin gets loose.
In addition to all these causes, excessive intake of anti-inflammatory medications can also increase the risk of stretch marks. Anti-inflammatory drugs decrease your skin’s elasticity and slow down collagen production.
Underlying medical conditions such as Cushing’s and Marfan’s syndrome also have stretch marks as symptoms. These two are disorders affecting the connective tissues of the body, and the skin happens to be the largest connective tissue in the body.
Wishtrend TV talks about what stretch marks are, the different types and how you can get rid of them. Watch the video here [7:39]:
Do Stretch Marks On Inner Thighs Go Away?
Stretch marks on inner thighs, as well as in other parts of the body, never really go away. However, they can fade over time and blend with your natural skin tone. This is possible if you treat stretch marks as early as they begin. However, if you leave them untreated, they become more evident and pronounced.
How to Get Rid Of Stretch Marks on Your Inner Thighs
There are hundreds of solutions to reduce stretch marks. You can go for natural methods using home remedies, go for creams and scar removers or try unconventional therapy.
You know your body best, so whichever method you choose, be sure to weigh and pros and cons. You can also get the advice of a dermatologist or skin doctor to see which method best fits you.
In this section, you can explore many options to diminish your stretch marks and get a smooth looking skin again!
10 Best Ways to Get Rid Of Stretch Marks on Inner Thighs
Want to get rid of stretch marks fast, but in a natural way? Here are 10 best ways to get rid of stretch marks on inner thighs!
- Aloe Vera – aloe vera is one of the secrets to healthy and young skin! It keeps your skin hydrated and moist and protects it against damage. Extract the gel on your aloe vera plant and massage it on your stretch marks. It’s that easy!
- Coconut oil – coconut oil increases blood flow to your skin and stimulates collagen production. It also has vitamins and minerals that rejuvenate the skin and enable regeneration. Fresh, coconut is best to use, but organic extra virgin coconut oil products are also great alternatives!
- Raw sugar – raw, brown sugar has natural exfoliating property, which you need if you want your stretch marks to fade quickly. It’s so simple to make a raw sugar stretch mark scrub. Just mix brown sugar and your choice of healthy oils together and apply twice or thrice a week!
- Lemon juice – lemons are one of the most powerful home remedies for stretch marks on thighs. With its natural acidic property, bleaching effect and vitamins C and E, it can fade stretch marks in an instant. Cut a lemon into half, squeeze the juice and apply it on your stretch marks.
- Egg whites – if you’re looking for something that can support your collagen and elastin fibers, egg whites are your go-to. Egg whites are rich in albumin which stimulates the production of your body’s major proteins. You can add lemon juice with egg whites for best results. Don’t forget to rinse after applying this combo!
- Olive oil – this healthy oil is rich in omega-3 fatty acid and vitamin E, two nutrients that are essential for skin healing. It’s also a good moisturizer for nourishing the skin and keeping it healthy. Organic, extra virgin olive oil can make a huge difference in reducing stretch marks!
- Onions – this sounds unheard of, but onions have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that you absolutely need if you have stretch marks! Onion also has natural compounds called flavonoids and quercetin that heal wounds and prevents scarring.
- Shea butter – shea butter is a major ingredient in many cosmetics products. It moisturizes the deep tissues of the skin and helps in detoxification. When your skin is free from toxins, it heals faster.
- Coffee grounds – looks like caffeine isn’t all that bad! This chemical in coffee actually stimulates skin activity, including collagen production and skin cell regeneration. It also absorbs into the deep ends of skin, breaks down fats and peels off old skin tissues.
- Argan oil – argan oil is the new kid in town in western countries, but it has actually been used in Morocco for thousands of years. Argan oil is called liquid gold because everything it touches turns to d, including the skin. Again is rich in healthy fats, amino acids, antioxidants, anti-aging properties and more that are essential in reducing stretch marks!
5 Best Treatment for Stretch Marks on Inner Thighs
Home remedies are great if you want to go all natural, but you can’t deny the power of good products for healthy skin. Thanks to these excellent scar removers and stretch mark creams, you can now prevent and treat stretch marks!
- Bio-Oil Skincare Oil is the best-selling stretch mark product in the world and number one scar remover in 22 countries. It is dermatologically tested and clinically proven to remove scars and stretch marks. It evens your skin tone, fights to age and doesn’t clog your pore. Bio Oil is also hypoallergenic so it’s great for all skin types!
- Erbaviva Stretch Mark Cream is an organic stretch mark cream that will give your skin a rich and creamy touch! It is infused with all-organic ingredients such as cocoa butter, jojoba, and sunflower oils. You can put this on your stretch marks all day long because it’s non-greasy and it easily dried up!
- Mustela Stretch Marks Prevention Cream is specially formulated for pregnant women, however, everybody can use it too. It reduces the appearance of stretch marks without harsh chemicals and adverse reactions. It’s 100% safe for mothers, babies and breastfeeding moms. Mustela is made from natural extracts of avocado, which you know is a superfood with a wide variety of benefits!
- Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Massage Lotion For Stretch Marks is an affordable way to reduce your stretch marks. This stretch mark lotion is infused with pure cocoa and shea butter, vitamin E, collagen, elastin, and sweet almond and argan oil. Need we say more?
- Mederma Stretch Marks Therapy is one of the most effective products if you want to prevent stretch marks. It’s safe for pregnant women, from the first to third trimester and even during breastfeeding. Mederma is rich in natural ingredients such as Cepalin botanical extract, hyaluronic acid and Centella Asiatica plant extract which nourishes the skin and keeps it healthy. Mederma is also paraben-free!
Exercises to Get Rid Of Stretch Marks on Inner Thighs
Exercise can do a lot of good to stretch marks on inner thighs. By keeping fit and healthy, you can promote better blood flow to your skin, maintain skin hydration and improve your skin’s natural elasticity. But not all exercises are created for stretch marks, below are good ones that really work!
- Leg lifts – this exercise looks simple, but it will burn your thighs and glutes to the core. When this happens it will tighten and firm the skin of your legs, making stretch marks less visible.
- Crunches and sit-ups – although they are mainly tummy exercises, you can hit two birds with one stone following these exercises. It also strengthens your thighs, so you get to reduce tummy and inner thigh stretch marks.
- Squats – moves and contracts your muscles on the thighs, hips, and buttocks. A tip is to make slow movements so you can feel your thigh muscles contract and get maximum effects.
- Side leg lifts – performing lateral movement of the legs don’t just exercise one leg, it works on both. When you lift one leg, you increase strength on your ground leg, while doing the same on your lifted leg, so it’s a win-win situation.
- Walking, running and cycling – these exercises can tighten your thighs big time! Your thighs are one of the most stubborn parts of the body. But with the help of these exercises, you can shed off the fats, rejuvenate your skin and get rid of stretch marks!
How to Remove Deep Stretch Marks on Inner Thighs
There are cases when the stretch marks on inner thighs are too deep that reducing them may need more than just home remedies and skin care products. So, what are your options? Check them out below!
Red light therapy is a painless and non-invasive way to remove stretch marks on inner thighs. It’s also 100% chemical free so you don’t have to worry. This treatment method uses infrared light to penetrate the skin and increase the production of collagen, elastin and other proteins. It also improves blood circulation to the stretch marks.
Red light therapy isn’t just good for stretch marks, it’s also used for acne, wrinkles, and burns. You don’t have to go to the dermatologist’s office for this, there are many FDA-approved red light therapy devices that are sold in the market.
- Laser or light therapy
It’s one of the fastest and most on-trend ways to reduce stretch marks for good. As the red light therapy, it’s non-surgical but uses beams of light to break down stretch marks and improve the skin’s appearance.
The American Society for Dermatologic Surgery even recommends laser treatment as the only proven way of removing stretch marks instantly! You have to get 3 to 10 sessions so you can bid goodbye to all your stretch marks. In just 30 minutes, this therapy can give you quick results. There’s no downtime so it’s convenient for working individuals!
Collagen induction therapy
Collagen induction therapy is also known as dermarolling or micro needling. It’s an effective treatment that is used by many dermatologists for stretch marks. A derma roller has tiny wheels which are covered by sterilized needles.
When rolled, the needles penetrate the skin and creates multiple injuries which can’t be seen by the naked eye. This stimulates the release of collagen fibers to treat the injuries. It also stimulates blood circulation and heals the wounds of the skin. Although it may sound awful, there’s no downtime and NO, your face is not going to get bloodied up.
Microdermabrasion is a non-invasive and painless treatment that helps fade white stretch marks, which are usually the most stubborn. It treats the upper layer of your skin by stimulating collagen and elastin production.
During the procedure, exfoliating crystals are applied unto your stretch marks. Using a wand-like tool the crystals are gently removed as well as the dead skin. This procedure has to be repeated many times to be effective.
How to Cover Up Stretch Marks on Inner Thighs
If you don’t like the idea of trying a lot of things and you just want to cover up stretch marks on inner thighs, there are magic tricks out there that can make it happen!
We’re talking about makeup! All you need is a concealer, makeup foundation and finishing powder that is darker than your skin tone. Apply, blend and contour – show off those legs without feeling embarrassed by the streaks. Just a heads up, you can change the appearance but you can’t change the texture of your stretch marks.
Sahony Bourdier has an awesome makeup tutorial where she covers up her streaks. It’s so easy to follow, you have to try it [6:09]:
Besides makeup, you can also play with your clothes! How about changing those very short, shorts with something that will hit right below where stretch marks are? How about wearing flattering dresses that will take off the attention of your thighs?
In a time when people are so obsessed about their looks, it’s difficult to have stretch marks. You are judged by every single flaw in your body when it shouldn’t be that way. Stretch marks are normal, they don’t make you less beautiful or less healthy.
Stretch marks have bigger meanings. They are the symbol of your right to a passage in every stage of life – puberty, pregnancy, motherhood, menopause and old age. Your body is unique in its own way, whether you have flawless looking skin or streaks of stretch marks, it doesn’t matter. Own your body and be confident!
Stretch marks on the breast is a common occurrence to all women. Stretch marks are spoke-like lines that typically appear during the period of rapid physical growth such as puberty, pregnancy, and weight gain. This article focuses on how to deal with stretch marks on breasts and their effective home remedies and medical treatment. ...
Stretch marks, or striae distensae as they are known in the medical community , while being a natural occurrence on the body and basically harmless from a health or medical standpoint, can be very distressing to some as they represent a drastic change to the collection and can lead to a loss of self-esteem and...