Men’s stretch marks, How to Get Rid of Stretch Marks for Men?
There is a general misconception that stretch marks are only experienced by women.
The misconception is mostly due to the fact virtually every woman who goes through the pregnancy phase will have stretch marks and the fact that women are more conscious of their body.
However, men also develop stretch marks, at just a slightly lower rate than women. Fortunately, stretch marks in males are often not as obvious as stretch marks in females.
However, it does not change the fact that it is an issue that bothers a lot of men. And they might be looking for solutions to the stretch marks on their body.
The article will cover:
- What are Stretch Marks?
- Why do Stretch Marks Occur in Men?
- Where do Stretch Marks Occur in Men?
- How to Prevent Stretch Marks in Men
- How to Treat Stretch Marks in Men
What are Stretch Marks?
Stretch marks, medically referred to as Striae, are a scarring form that applies on the skin in the form of thin lines.
The thin lines are often visible on the skin because they take on a different color from the skin. that could be red or white.
If you should run your hands over the places where you have such lines, you will be able to feel them. This is often a problem with people who desire to have smooth and lovely skin as the scarring gives the skin an unpleasant look.
There are also those who don’t feel very attracted to others due to the visibility of their stretch marks. Stretch marks affect men and women, even though there might be some differences in the causes and amount of stretch marks both sexes have.
There are also a lot of people that link stretch marks to pregnancy. However, once you remember that some women who have never been pregnant also experience stretch marks, it will be easier to see that there are other causes of stretch marks.
The fact that some of such causes are common to both males and females will help in establishing the fact that men are also very much vulnerable to stretch marks.
Why do Stretch Marks Occur in Men?
There are a number of factors that lead to stretch marks in men. Prominent among such factors include:
- Puberty: For both male and female, puberty is a period where we experience very rapid growth in height and weight. The implication is that our skin has to stretch to meet up with the speed at which we are growing. When the skin does not have enough collagen and elasticity to meet up with the increasing changes in the body due to rapid growth, it leads to stretch marks.
- Obesity: Obesity is a situation where a person is overweight and has too much fat in the body. A man suffering from obesity will have more fat and weight than their peers. Considering that fat and weight are two major factors that have been directly linked with stretch marks, people who have obesity are at very high risk of stretch marks. The fact they are growing bigger and faster than their peers means they will need a faster production of collagen and more skin elasticity to meet up with their body. When this is not the case, the tear in the dermis that results in the creation of stretch marks will be inevitable.
- Rapid Weight Loss: A situation where a person who is obese or who wants to reduce his current weight follow some drastic measures to quickly lose weight. The fast loss of weight could result in having skin surfaces that are ridden with stretch marks.
- Weight Lifting: Weight lifting and other bodybuilding activities could also be a major cause of stretch marks. When building the body, the body could develop muscles at a much faster pace than the skin could conveniently cover per time. The implication will be a stretching of the skin that would result in stretch marks.
- Poor Diet: Dieting devoid of Vitamin E and the right quantity of proteins could make a person develop stretch marks. The Vitamins and proteins are important for skin elasticity. With the right diet, the skin to be elastic enough to cope with weight loss or weight gain without the dermis tearing up and stretch marks showing.
- Use of Anabolic Steroids: Anabolic steroids are popular among bodybuilders especially those who want very fast and perfect results. However, one of the side effects of using anabolic steroids is stretch marks, among many others.
Where do Stretch Marks Occur in Men
Stretch marks can occur in any part of the body in men just like in women. However, the most common places where men experience stretch marks include their arms, shoulder, thighs, buttocks, chest, and stomach. These parts of the body are the areas that are mostly affected by weight loss, weight gain or bodybuilding activities.
How to Prevent Stretch Marks in Men
To prevent stretch marks, there are a number of measures a man can take. Some of such measures include:
- Using natural options to slowly and steadily gain muscles as opposed to trying to gain a lot of muscles all at once.
- Watching their weight and ensuring that they do not grow obese. Avoidquickloss of weight or quick gain of weight.
- Eating balanced diets and meeting all their body’s requirements for balanced eating including consuming vitamins and protein that are very important for body development and repairs.
- Avoiding the use of anabolic steroids no matter how tempting it is.
- Using weight gainers that do not contain more than 400 calories.So that they are able to gain weight at a slower pace as opposed to using weight gainers that give as much as almost 2000 calories in one serving.
How to Treat Stretch Marks in Men
If you already have stretch marks on your body as a man, there are three major ways through which they can be taken care of. These ways include:
- Natural Solutions
- Use of Lotions and Creams
- Surgery and Laser
Natural Solutions: There are a number of natural solutions that are very effective in the treatment of stretch marks. Among such natural solutions is the use of aloe vera, almond oil, olive oil, and castor oil among others. These solutions can be used by massaging them on the areas affected by stretch marks. They are very effective and the individual should be able to notice the subsequent reduction in the appearance of the stretch marks in a very short while.
Use of Lotions and Creams: For those looking for a faster, but yet affordable option for treating stretch marks in men, the use of lotions and creams are recommended. Several companies have developed lotions and creams that contain all the ingredients and nutrients for skin repair and stretch marks treatment. Notable among such lotions and cream include:
- Stretch Mark Butter: This is a very effective cream that has ingredients that are very effective in repairing stretch marks and preventing them. The cream also contains extracts and peptides that boost collagen production in the skin. It is also rich in skin moisturizing oil. Amazon Link
- Wonder Cream: Natural Riches wonder cream is a very effective scars and stretch marks removal cream. The product contains a high-quality customized mixture of natural ingredients that are very effective in scar removal. The products include Vitamin B3, Vitamin B5, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and Vitamin A as well as sesame seed oil, shea butter, almond oil, and cocoa butter. The product is designed such that it is gentle and safe for every skin type. The Vitamin C component of the cream makes it capable of fighting free radicals. Free radicals are often responsible for the damage of healthy cells in the body. Considering that exposing your skin to the sun can result in skin drying that could encourage stretch marks, you can use the product immediately after being exposed to the sun for nourishing and hydrating the skin. Amazon Link
- Scar Cream: Scar cream helps in removing every type of scar in men including stretch marks. It can be used on every part of the body including the arms, legs body and face where there are stretch marks or any other type of scars. It is very effective for stretch marks as a result of weight loss or weight gain. It is an all-natural product implying that you don’t have to worry about side effects. Amazon Link
- Laser and Surgeries: The use of lasers and surgeries, though more expensive, it is a very effective means of treating stretch marks. You can talk to your dermatologist or doctors about using. this option for treating your stretch marks.
Men are just as vulnerable to stretch marks as women especially if you remove the pregnancy perspective in women. I hope you learn a thing or two on how to get rid of stretch marks for men.
Fortunately, it is very possible to prevent and treat stretch marks in men. Eating well as well as avoiding unnatural or excessive development of any form of body mass including weight, height, and muscle go a long way in preventing stretch marks.
Stretch marks in men can also be treated by natural solutions, lotions, and creams as well as lasers and surgeries.