How To Deal With Stretch Mark On Breast Causes, Treatment
Knowing some of the basic information about healthy breasts is really important at the time that your breasts start growing. There are many things you will want to know at this exciting time. You may even be worried or anxious thinking about how big they will get and if they will look attractive. Might anything go wrong like stretch marks on the breasts?
First of all, what are stretch marks really?
Stretch marks are scars that happen when the skin tears. It can be caused by a number of reasons, this includes rapid weight gain or loss, puberty, and pregnancy. It can also be a symptom or result of certain medical conditions.
When the skin tears, you lose collagen. Collagen is the major protein that holds connective tissues, such as your skin, together. Once collagen is diminished, healing slows down and scarring takes place – a result of this are stretch marks.
If you think all stretch marks look the same, think again! Stretch marks have different types and they are classified according to their color. Wondering why they come in different hues? Here’s a roundup of the different types of stretch marks!
Type of Stretch Marks
White stretch marks on breasts
White stretch marks on breasts are old scars that have been on the body for a long time. Sometimes, these stretch marks also appear “silverish”. When stretch marks turn white, it’s hard to restore collagen, which in turn, slows down scar healing.
White stretch marks on breasts are irregular in shape and lack pigment. This type of stretch mark receives a scant amount of blood supply and has very few blood vessels. The transition from red to white stretch marks take a number of months to years.
White stretch marks are the most stubborn and they may take time to fade. However, you can still do something about it. Along with scar lotions or creams, skin treatments like microdermabrasion can improve the texture of your skin and give it a smoother look. It’s important to remember that results may vary from person to person.
If left without care, white stretch marks may become highly visible as you age because of poor skin elasticity.
Red stretch marks
Red stretch marks are new or fresh tears that are just starting to pop on your skin. When your skin suffers a tear, inflammation occurs, blood vessels become more visible, thus the red appearance. Since these stretch marks are still at the beginning stages of scarring, they heal faster and easier. You can still restore collagen by using good products and effective home remedies.
The marking of red stretch marks can be flat or slightly raised. Sometimes, they can cause uncomfortable symptoms such as itching or pain. A lot of pregnant women acquire red stretch marks because of rapid body changes. If you’re one of these women, be sure to consult your OB-Gyne before starting topical treatment.
Purple stretch marks
Purple stretch marks happen to people with darker complexions. These stretch marks are fresh and new, so they are easier to treat. When given the right attention, purple stretch marks can still be reversed. Scarring can also be prevented, and skin color may return to normal.
Although most purple stretch marks are normal, some can be a symptom of underlying conditions. This includes Cushing’s syndrome, excessive use of corticosteroids and a side effect of surgery.
Black stretch marks
Black stretch marks, like purple ones, occur for individuals with darker complexions. Most African-Americans have this type of stretch mark. Sometimes, black stretch marks can also be a result of hormonal changes, hyperpigmentation or obesity.
What Causes stretch marks on breasts causes
Pregnancy Stretch Marks on Breasts –
Pregnancy brings many changes to the body. The skin stretches to accommodate the growing baby, the breasts engorge to store milk and fats build up to provide warmth to the body. Hormones can go up and down, and they can actually affect your skin health. Any change in your hormones can affect skin elasticity and hydration. It can also cause food cravings of sweet and salty foods.
Having a baby in the womb also increases energy and nutrient demand. To nourish the body, you tend to eat more, and sometimes, the food you eat can be unhealthy. As a result, weight gain is inevitable during pregnancy. All these can cause tears or affect the skin in some way, thus causing stretch marks on the breasts.
In fact, dermatologists say that the breasts and abdomen are two of the most common stretch mark areas in pregnant women. Stretch marks that happen during pregnancy are called striae gravidarum. It’s hard to prevent this type of stretch mark, but you can start treatment as soon as they appear. There are scar creams and lotions that are safe for pregnant women, but be sure to consult your OB-Gyne for advice.
Teenager Girls: Stretch Marks on Breasts during Puberty –
The growth of your breasts is one of the first signs that you have reached the age of puberty. This can start as young as 7 or 8 years old, but perhaps not until you are 13. When your breasts start growing is decided by your body clock decided that it is time to start producing high levels of female hormones. Doctors have identified that breasts go through 5 stages of growth over a 6-year time span. Normally your breast growth will be complete by the time you are 17 or 18. The size of your breasts is determined by your heredity and can be small, an AA bra size to full an EE bra size.
Breasts don’t contain muscle; they are made up of milk glands and ducts. It is not possible to build up muscle to make them bigger; however, the pectoral muscles can be built up with a bodybuilding program so lift and shape can be firmed up. As breasts contain lots of fat cells there is a risk of stretch mark on breast appearance during your teenage years or if you put on a lot of weight.
When your breasts start to grow they can hurt and can feel very tender. You may also experience an annoying itching feeling and start noticing red stretch mark on the breast. Should this happen to you then it is probably time to buy your first bra that will protect your new breasts as they grow and reduce the pain? The painful growth phase should last no more than 12 months and is natural because your skin is stretching as your breasts are growing. The painful stage is relatively short-lived considering that your breasts will continue to grow for a further five to six years.
When the skin expands rapidly, it can be subject to tearing, hence stretch mark on breast effects. It is recommended to not take drastic action on breast stretch marks during the growth phase. However use anti-stretch mark cream containing vitamin E, cocoa butter, aloe vera, and vitamin K or bio oil for stretch marks to moisturize the skin and help it to retain its flexibility and therefore make your breasts more attractive.
How to Prevent Breast Stretch Marks during Pregnancy
During pregnancy, you will gain weight, normally between 25 and 35 lbs or more if you are expecting twins. Right from the start, it is important to adopt a healthy diet that will help your baby and your skin and that reduces the chance of stretch mark on the breast. Make sure you follow your prenatal vitamin program as well as your calorie controlled diet of healthy foods that include calcium, whole grains and protein together with plenty of fruit and vegetables.
- Drink plenty of water as well as other nonalcoholic liquids to maintain your fluid levels and hydrate your skin, 8 glasses minimum a day is recommended and a great help in preventing stretch marks during pregnancy. Follow the weight gain program that you have agreed with your doctor to gradually gain weight. If your weight gain accelerates outside the recommended program you run the risk of the appearance of stretch mark on breast appearances. Use moisturizer in the morning and at night on your body; include your breasts, belly sides and thighs as well as your lower back. Cocoa butter, aloe vera and almond oil help to lubricate your skin and keep it flexible. Creams cannot penetrate the deep skin areas where the stretch mark on breast occurs but they certainly make the skin feel less dry and itchy. Look out for stretch mark pregnancy cream offers and products that contain top quality glycolic acid together with botanical medicinal extracts. These will promote rapid repair for any stretch mark on the breast.
- Avoid sun tanning salons and sun tanning products; you should avoid any chemical products that may harm your baby. It is an extremely good idea to talk with your doctor if you are thinking of using a chemical product or course of medication to be absolutely sure that there is no risk attached when dealing with the stretch mark on the breast.
- Exercise daily. This is one of the best natural ways to prevent stretch marks during puberty. Exercise keeps you fit and away from weight gain. It also tones your body and treats stretch marks instantly.
- Eat healthily! Vitamin A and C are two vitamins that you absolutely need when you want to treat stretch marks during puberty. These vitamins help make collagen and elastin, proteins that hold the skin together. Get more citrus fruits, grapefruits, berries, milk and leafy greens to support healthy levels of vitamin A and C.
- Nourish your skin with natural vitamin-E lotions. Your skin when you’re 20 definitely heals well than when you reach middle-age. However, you have to nourish and give your skin some tender loving care to keep it healthy.
How to Remove Stretch Marks from the Breast At Home with Home Remedies
- Use lemon juice. Lemons are one of the most effective remedies for stretch marks during puberty. It’s mild and non-irritating to the skin. Lemon juice is rich in vitamin C and has natural bleaching, exfoliating and healing property. You simply have to cut the lemon into half, squeeze the juice, dab a cotton ball into the juice and apply on the area with stretch mark. Leave for a few minutes, then rise.
- Apply Aloe Vera gel. This is a cost-effective way to treat stretch marks as you can just plant it in your backyard! Aloe Vera helps rejuvenate skin tissues and has natural healing properties. It also nourishes your skin and maintains elasticity. All you have to do is take out the fresh gel from the lead, massage unto your stretch marks and leave for 10 to 20 minutes. You can do this every day. Don’t forget to rinse with warm water!
- Try pure cocoa butter. Cocoa butter is great for stretch marks during pregnancy! It is rich in natural oils, collagen, elastin, and elastin which keeps skin moisturized and healthy. Cocoa butter is also natural which means it is gentle to the skin and your baby. Apply cocoa butter at night for best results and massage in a circular motion.
- Spread coconut oil unto your stretch marks. Coconut oil improves blood flow into your skin. It is also rich in collagen fibers which soften and maintains the elasticity of the skin. Coconut oil has been proven to reduce stretch marks after a few months. Just chop coconut flesh into small pieces, toss them in a blender, add hot water, strain and store the coconut oil in a jar!
- Make a brown sugar body scrub! Erase stretch marks and give yourself some pampering by making a brown sugar body scrub. Brown sugar has a natural exfoliating property that removes dead skin, lightens skin tone and fades stretch marks. You can mix brown sugar with any essential you like! Lavender is known for its stretch mark reducing effects, you might want to try it.
- Get your egg whites on. Egg whites are highly rich in albumin, collagen and all sorts of protein. All these help restore and heal damaged skin and reduces scarring. It’s easy to use egg whites, just separate it from whole eggs and apply on your stretch marks. Wait until egg whites are fully absorbed before rinsing.
Top 3 Best Breast Stretch Mark Removal Creams
Home remedies and natural methods definitely work, but nothing beats the power of a good scar remover! If you’re looking for the best in the market, you have to use these top products!
- Bio Oil – the world’s number one scar remover and an all-natural skin product that can reduce the appearance of stretch marks! It’s easy to use Bio Oil, just massage in circular motion daily and see positive results in as fast as 3 months.
- Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula – an absolute favorite by many women for its amazing fragrance and even more wonderful effects to the skin! Cocoa Butter Formula is great for scars, stretch marks, aging skin, uneven skin tone and a lot more. This product will help moisturize your skin for 24-hours without clogging your pores. It also works on all skin types!
- Pure Life Science Stretch Mark Massage Oil – if you’re looking for a stretch mark remover, this product is a go-to for women who have scars on their buttocks, thighs and abdominal area. It’s made from all natural ingredients, packed with vitamins and filled with essential oils. Unlike the normal stretch mark remover, this product absorbs to the deep tissues of the skin which breaks down fat and keeps the skin moisturized and elastic. It is cruelty and paraben-free – an added plus to its awesomeness!
Which remedy or product do you plan on using? You know your body well, choose the one that best fits you!