Stretch marks on the breast is a common occurrence to all women. Stretch marks are spoke-like lines that typically appear during the period of rapid physical growth such as puberty, pregnancy, and weight gain. This article focuses on how to deal with stretch marks on breasts and their effective home remedies and medical treatment.
Facts about Stretch Marks On The Breast
- They are most common among teens and pregnant women.
- Stretch marks are harmless but extremely difficult to treat.
- There are different types of stretch marks with varying colors:
- Red stretch marks: these are new stretch marks which can cause uncomfortable symptoms such as itching or pain.
- Purple stretch marks: occurs to people with dark complexions and are easy to treat.
- Black stretch marks: also occurs to people with a darker complexion, and the leading causes are hormonal changes and obesity.
- White stretch marks: occurs as a result of lack of blood supply and common among whites.
What Are The Causes Of Stretch Marks On Breast?
- Pregnancy – Pregnancy is one of the most common causes of stretch marks on the breast. In the early month of pregnancy, the female body naturally releases sex hormones that cause a sudden increase in the breast size, which results in stretch marks. The changes in hormones can result in cravings of sweet foods, and as a result, weight gain is inevitable, leading to skin elasticity. Even though it is hard to treat these stretch marks in pregnant women, there are some lotions which can be used to get rid of them.
- Puberty – Puberty is often a period characterized by accelerated growth of different body parts. During adolescence, it is a common phenomenon for females aged 8 to 13 to start producing high levels of female hormones, which aids in breast growth. Since the breasts contain a lot of fat cells and few muscles, if females put in a lot of weight, they are likely to experience stretch marks on the breasts. As the skin expands rapidly, females might be exposed to painful stretch marks on the breast, and are therefore required to use moisturizer lotion to prevent more stretch marks.
- Weight gain and loss – Weight gain or loss is one of the most common causes of stretch marks, which arises as females put in more weight rapidly. Since breasts are made up of fatty tissues, when the fats accumulate, they are prone to expansion leading to stretch marks.
- Other general causes – The first common causes of breast stretch marks are hereditary factors where there tends to be natural hormonal imbalance, which can lead to the rapid growth of the breast and as a result cause purplish stretch marks. Another factor that leads to stretch marks is dehydration and health condition, which can trigger the hormones and cause the body to develop stretch marks.
How Do You Deal With Breast Stretch Marks At 15 or 16?
Ages 15 or 16 is usually a period where the female body produces hormones that helps them to transition from childhood to matured adults. When stretch marks on the breasts start appearing at that age, one should not be surprised because it is a natural phenomenon that arises from rapid skin growth. Since no teenager likes stretch marks on their breasts because it affects their self-confidence, find out below how you can take a little care to deal with the stretch marks:
- Regular Exercise – As we are all probably aware, the breasts are made up of muscle and fatty tissues. During rapid weight gains, the excess calories can be stored in the form of fats in the breast, leading to stretch marks. When teenagers aged 15 or 16 exercises regularly, they can tone their body fats and prevent stretch marks from developing.
- Hydrate properly – It goes without saying that the teenage phase is characterized by active metabolism due to rapid body growth. Active metabolism requires the skin to remain hydrated to prevent reddish or purplish stretch marks. Therefore, a teenager should aim to drink 8-12 glasses of water every day to keep their skin hydrated.
- Healthy food choices – The teenage phase is an enlightenment period where teenagers crave for unhealthy food choices, more especially junk foods such as cakes and chocolates. These junk foods contain a lot of calories and can lead to a rapid increase in weight if unchecked. Consumption of a high degree of unhealthy food choices can result in breast stretch marks. Therefore, it is incredibly advisable for teenagers to include more fruits and vegetables in their diets to help in collagen and elastin production in the body that helps to regulate stretch marks.
- Use over-the-counter creams for massage – Over the counter, creams can help to tighten the skin and reduce stretch marks on the breast. In most cases, it is advisable to use vitamin E-rich massage creams to gently massage the affected area to control the breast stretch marks.
How To Remove Stretch Marks At Home
As a female who is a victim of breast stretch marks, some effective home remedies can help you to remove them. Many of these home remedies have reduced side effects and are extremely affordable and convenient:
Stretch marks on the breast can appear due to lack of blood flow and lack of collagen production. Using proper massage oil, females can remove the stretch marks because the massage improves the blood flow. It is easy to do the massage, and the practice takes less than five minutes where the breast is massaged circularly before going to bed or after bed.
To hydrate implies taking enough water to keep the skin healthy and less prone to premature stretch marks on the breast. You can come up with a strategy of drinking plenty of water at bedtime or before bedtime to hydrate the body tissues and prevent the skin from stretch marks.
Exfoliation involves the use of organic scrubs to remove the dead skin and get rid of the stretch marks. Exfoliation helps to speed up collagen production because the essential oils used in scrubbing contains natural remedies that help to reduce stretch marks. There are a wide variety of over-the-counter stretch mark creams such as egg whites, Aloe Vera, cocoa butter oil, olive oil, castor oil, and much more.
How To Remove Breast Stretch Marks Via Medical Treatment
While home remedies are the most economical and friendly way of breast stretch marks treatment, there are a few medical treatment procedures such as the use of laser therapy, cosmetic surgery, among others. You can seek advice from your health practitioner on the type of medical treatment to consider depending on the severity of the stretch marks.
Laser therapy is the most effective medical treatment method of breast stretch marks, which involves using a skin-safe laser to break up scar tissue. Laser therapy aims to improve blood flow in the skin and reduce stretch marks.
Breast Stretch Marks Removal Creams
There are thousands of different stretch marks removal creams and oils. Some of these creams are effective, whereas others are not genuine, which will require to take caution to determine the ones that are effective in giving impressive results for healing breast stretch marks. Below are our top selections:
- Bio-oil skin massage
Reduces breast stretch marks making the skin to have even skin tone. The oil is suitable for oily skin types, and a small application fades away from the pregnancy stretch marks on the breast.
- Health Priority’s 100% Natural & Organic Vitamin E Oil
This is excellent moisturizing oil that helps to brighten the skin and remove stretch marks on the breast. This cream offers some positive benefits to the skin, such as improving the skin tone and lessening stretch marks.
- Earth Mama Belly Butter to Help Ease Skin and Stretch Marks
This cream is rich in essential oils and contains herbs and oils that help to remove stretch marks. This certified organic product eases the appearance of stretch marks and improves the skin tone around the breast.
Are Stretch Marks On Breasts A Sign Of Cancer?
As already defined, stretch marks are narrow or long lines that develop on the skin when the skin is stretched. Even though anyone can develop stretch marks, it is prevalent among women.
Some of the signs and symptoms of breast stretch marks might resemble the signs of cancer such as wrinkles, red, purple, pink, or dark brown patches. Within some time, the colored stretch marks might turn whitish. When you see such signs, you shouldn’t panic because they deserve so much doctor’s attention. Stretch marks are just part of life, and when they appear, they should be viewed as totally normal.
How To Get Read Of Stretch Marks In A Week
Pregnancy and puberty are the two most common causes of stretch marks. But the good news is that you can get rid of breast stretch marks within a week in the most natural way possible. You can use the following procedure:
- The use of coconut oil – Coconut oils have excellent healing properties to reduce stretch marks on the breast. Coconut oil is considered safe and can reduce stretch marks after a week when taken consistently.
- Aloe Vera – Aloe Vera has excellent natural healing property of breast stretch marks. This home remedy reduces stretch marks after a week if applied daily on the affected area and rinsed thoroughly with water.
- Sugar – Sugar is another home remedy that has been clinically proven to reduce stretch marks within a week. You can rub a sugar solution on the affected area daily before bed for one week and wait for effective results.
- Vitamin A – You can take vitamin A orally or apply it in the affected area. Vitamin A contains retinoid which can help to ease the stretch marks on the breast, and contribute to overall skin appearance.
Stretch marks on the breasts are common among women, which arises when the skin stretch beyond its limits of natural growth. Over time, stretch marks often fade from purple to whitish and the intensity always varies. You should not be anxious or worried about the breast stretch marks because they are a normal part of life. The good news is that there are some effective home treatments and medical interventions that can help treat breast stretch marks.